Okay, so I’m going to share the secret recipe to my world famous protein brownies! Enjoy the fruits of my labor
- 9 egg whites
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 cups non-fat cottage cheese
- 4 scoops chocolate whey protein powder (approx 60 gms)
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 3-4 cups oatmeal (quick cooking kind)
- 1/4 cup almond flakes
- 1/4 cup walnut/pecan chunks
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp splenda or brown sugar
- Big metal mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup measurer
- 1 tbsp measurer
- 2 baking pans (one to cook in, the other to cut and serve in. you can use one but i found that cutting the brownies ruined the pan over time. also don’t use cooking spray! your pan should have teflon coating and doesn’t need it. spray is full of chemicals and ruins the pan)
- First turn on your oven and set it to 400 degrees. It’ll be ready when you’re done with your mix.
- Next get your eggs ready then add cottage cheese and whey protein powder. whisk!
- Next add baking powder, splenda, cinnamon and vanilla extract. whisk!
- Now add almond flakes, walnut chunks, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, and apple sauce. whisk!
- Last add oatmeal. whisk!
- Put mix into baking pan. Set onto middle/top rack. Cook for 30 minutes. When finished, let cool for a few minutes, then transfer the entire cake to another baking pan (the one you cut and serve in).
- I cut them into a dozen pieces. It’s a healthy snack that lasts me a few days. In between, keep the brownies in the serving pan (pan should have a cover that seals it, keeps moisture in and prevents them from drying out.).
- As soon as the brownies are cooled off, put them in fridge right away. There’s cottage cheese in there and you don’t want them to spoil.
(be sure to drink a cup of water after eating, this helps to expand the fiber in the brownie and fill up your stomach. great for controlling hunger pangs)
Enjoy Steve Kim’s World Famous Protein Brownies!