What the Fat Fast Is
So, what exactly is a fat fast? It’s eating between 1000 and 1200 calories a day, where between 80% and 90% of your calories come from fat, and fat alone. You break these 1000-1200 calories into 4 or 5 meals a day, eating in blocks of 200-250 calories per meal.
It is normally done for 2-4 days, but is never recommended to go for more than 5 days. Going longer than this will start to put your body in a real “starvation mode” and your muscle mass will be metabolized as energy – the exact opposite of what you want.
Hungry? You most likely will be at first, but once your body starts adapting to the way you are eating, you will notice a drop in your hunger. This is because you will be eating your meals in frequent intervals with high amounts of fat, which increases satiety levels.
If you’re doing a fat fast, I recommend doing a 3 day fast. This normally drops about 5-8 pounds of body fat and water weight. When you enter back into a normal diet, expect to put back 2-3 pounds of that weight.
- 1 Oz. Macadamia Nuts (204 calories)
- Macadamia Nut Butter with 2 Oz. Cream Cheese (200 calories)
- 1 Oz. Chicken (80 caclories) with 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise (110 calories) = (190 calories)
- 2 Egg Yolks (110 calories) with 1 Tbsp. Mayonnaise (55 calories) = (165 calories)
- 1 Cup Coffee with ¼ Cup Heavy
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream whipped with Da Vinci Flavored Syrup
- 2 Oz. Sour Cream with ½ Cup Cucumber
- ½ Serving of Sugar-free Jell-O with ½ Cup Whipped Cream
- 1 Avocado with salt and hot sauce (322 calories)
- 1 oz cashew nuts (157 calories)